Sunday, March 18, 2018

Day 31 - Friday, March 16, 2018 - At Sea to Manila

Today was a wonderful day at sea. I hosted the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet which was the largest of the three I'm hosting on this 2 month voyage. In order to host this, I had to miss Master Kam's lecture on Fillipine history. We were invited to the Indonesian lunch at noon but passed on it because we're having dinner in the Pinnacle tonight and we didn't want two large meals. So for lunch all I had was 3 pieces of sushii.

After lunch I continued my read of a Tom Clancy spy/terrorist novel (Power & Empire) which I find quite captivating. It's mimicking all sorts of current events in this part of the world as well as others we've traveled in. It's really fun to imagine the fiction taking place in locations we're familiar with.

We had a mandatory Fillipine temperature check as part of the pre-clearance process and when I went through the line on deck 5, it stretched the length of the ship. Fortunately it went fast and I was able to read while walking in line. Yes, the book is that good!

Dinner tonight was a gala night, but we weren't interested in the Main Dining Room menu, so I booked us into the Pinnacle Grill where we had a lovely and relaxing dinner of ribeye steak and Alaskan King Crab which we shared which made it into a "surf & turf" meal. Afterwards we watched the movie, "Darkest Hour" about Winston Churchill. We'd seen it previously in a theatre, but it was nice to see it again to catch little nuances.

We're on a tour of Manila tomorrow with another Cruise Critic couple we met online. Stay tuned for what we see and discover. Manila is a new city for us and it really doesn't matter what we see as all of it will be new!

No comments:

Post a Comment