Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Day 28 - Tuesday, March 13, 2018 - At Sea to Hong Kong

Today is the final day of this segment of the cruise And we're at the halfway point.  With the clocks being advanced by an hour, bedtime last night translated into a 1:30am occurrence. That, in turn, translated into sleeping in until 9:30am I just made it to my favorite fried egg station in time for my breakfast to be prepared. I ate with one of the tour participants from yesterday and we enjoyed lots of pleasant conversation.  

Since returning from the shore excursion yesterday, I received a number of very positive comments about the excursion which I was glad to hear since I wasn't able to be on the other boats.

Kristian Grey performed another excellent magic show at 11am in the main stage with lots of audience participation. He's truly a master at his craft. My wife and I certainly couldn't figure out how he did it. Following a LIDO lunch, Dr. Kam gave part 2 of his Hong Kong history (excellent), and afterwards I re-met a couple we had sailed on the Maasdam to Australia and circumnavigated the continent with. Jack and Jo were fun to reminisce with and share travel tips with. They're continuing on to Shanghai, so I'm sure we'll spend more time with them over the next two weeks.

I spent the rest of the afternoon in the Crow's Nest where the visibility was quite limited with the overcast and there was lots of ship traffic passing through the narrow Haikou straights. Even the Captain seemed concerned about the passage due to the number of vessels we might encounter and that the timing of the passage was designed to be done in daylight hours to afford greater visibility. It also afforded me the chance to catch up on my blog which is now ready to post when we get to Hong Kong.

There was only one Main Stage Show tonight, "Rock Legends" which was a rescheduled performance from a few days ago when the 'motion in the ocean' caused a postponement. We also completed the majority of our packing to be ready to vacate our room tomorrow. We move down one deck to 1949. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment