Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Day 13 - Monday, February 26, 2018 - At Sea to Singapore - Day 2

About all I can say about today is that I showed up! It was another lazy day at sea. Following a later wake up at 8:30am and breakfast in the Lido, Master Kam gave a lecture on Buddhism that I've heard before. While he was lecturing I have to confess that I did future cruise research and discovered one for the the summer of 2019 that may cause us to change our plans. Later that night at the Main Stage show we met a couple who are about to book the same cruise. For now I'm keeping mum on the cruise destination.

The cast did a behind the scenes event and once again it was interesting to learn of their backgrounds and that they are able to put their own spin on the shows. I suspect that is possible because these are old shows produced by another production company. The current production company, RWS, is currently developing new shows (version 3.0) and the Nieuw Statendam for its inaugural cruise this December is supposed to have the latest RWS show production.

In the afternoon the only event we attended was the Crossing the Equator 'ceremony' where 10 crew members got tried and convicted of heinous 'crimes' and sentenced to kiss a dead fish, slathered with a sticky merangue, and left to dry or allowed to jump in the aft pool to rinse off the merangue.

We ate a last dinner in the Lido with Carol and John as they are getting off the ship our second day in Singapore. The fresh mangos were especially good tonight and quite plentiful.

'Classique' was the cast show and it was excellent and they received a standing ovation. It's hands down my favorite of all the cast shows and I've seen it a dozen or so times on many HAL ships.

The 10pm movie was 'That's The Way I Like It' from 1998. It was a theme of Elvis and John Travolta meet Disco and Kung Fu in Singapore. It was entertaining and lots of Bee Gees music.

Tomorrow we're docked in Singapore for 2 days.  I'm sure we'll find some adventure.  Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Could you email me at jerez at olypen.com Thanks

    ReplyDelete